Design the door that's right for you, choose from thousands of designs.
We make it easy for you to choose the exact door you want.
Terms and Conditions
2. PRICES, QUOTATIONS & PAYMENTS
3. CARRIAGE & DELIVERY
5. RETURNS & REFUNDS
11. SPECIAL ORDERS, INCLUDING ALL PANELS, DOORS AND WINDOWS
12. TOUGHENED AND NON TOUGHENED GLASS
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 01442 405165
These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the good by you (the Customer or you) We are DNK Services Ltd a Company registered in England under 6520358 whose registered office is at 23 Larkspur Close, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP1 2HP with email address Contactemail@example.com; telephone number 01442 405165 (the Supplier or us or we).
- Consumer means an individual acting for the purpose which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for th sale and purchase of th Goods;
- Delivery Location means the suppliers premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the order;
- Goods means any goods that we supply to you,of the number and description as set out in the order;
- Order means the Customer's order for the goods from the supplier as set out in the Customer's order or in the Customer's written acceptance of the Supplier's quotation
(ii) In these Conditions 'customer' shall mean the other party to any quotation, offer, order or contract with or by DNK, 'the goods' shall mean products manufactured or sold or services performed by DNK or by the customer.
'Invoice' shall mean the document setting out in detail the goods consigned, marks and numbers, cost, any charges
'Order' shall mean the goods requested by the customer either by facsimile, electronic mail or by post on the customer's official order form or company letterhead,
'Delivery Note' shall mean the document accompanying goods in their dispatch and delivery from DNK or by DNK's Suppliers, post or carrier and on which DNK lists the goods dispatched against the customer's order.
(ii) All prices quoted on invoices are inclusive of VAT
(iii) Quotations are only valid for 14 days and are subject to be withdrawn at the companies discretion
(iv) If you are an account customer, payment shall be made in full within 30 days (depending on terms agreed) from the date of invoice. We reserve the right to revoke credit if you fail to make payment when due. If payment is not made when due, interest will be added at Bank of England plus 8% to the outstanding balance until paid in full (including the accrued interest) whether before or after judgment, together with any reasonable legal or other recovery costs.
(v) Whilst we try to ensure that all the prices on the DNK Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of the goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible. You will then be given the option of re-confirming your order at the correct price or canceling your order.
If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as canceled and notify you by email.
If you decide to cancel your order after we have informed you of a pricing error and you have already paid for the goods, we will give you a full refund within 14 days of cancellation.
(ii) We will use all reasonable endeavors to deliver goods at the time specified in the contract but any date or time specified for delivery of performance is an estimate only and late delivery or performance shall not entitle the Customer to reject any goods or services, terminate the contract, withhold any payment, claim damages or any other remedies. Compensation will not be given to cover fitting services for products not arriving on time, Pleae wait until products have arrived and been checked before arranging fitting services.
We can not guarantee the manufacturing times or delivery times, these are only given in good faith, orders that are canceled due to long waiting times will be subject to a cost for any part of the order that has already been manufactured or specially ordered.
(iii) No liability for direct or consequential loss or damage arising from delay in the delivery of goods, including without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing any delays due to any Act of God, war, civil disturbance, strikes, lock-outs or any act outside DNK's control, will be accepted.
(iv) The Goods must be fully checked, even if they are not being fitted straight away and any problems/claims reported within 72 hours of the delivery taking place to ensure that there are no defects and that they are the correct Goods. Claims for defects, shortages, goods damaged in transit and incorrect delivery of the Goods will only be considered if we receive written confirmation of the claim within 72 hours of delivery. During delivery panel may become slight seperated from the core materials, This will not effect the proformance or warreny of the panel and is not classed as damaged, the panel will be compressed upder the beads. Goods received damaged or in an unsatisfactory condition must be signed for as such on the delivery note. Returns will not be accepted if the Goods are incorrectly supplied and/or have been fitted, altered or modified in any way. Any problems with items must be reports within 24 hours of Delivery, even if goods are not being fitted straight away, otherwise replacement may be Chargeable.
(v) Compensation will not be given to cover re-fitting services for products with Damage or Imperfections if the have been fitted or shortages and missing items. These must be checked for any problems prior to arranging installation, cutting or fitting, Any damaged needs to be reported within 24 hours of Delivery, otherwise replacement may be Chargeable.
(vi) The customer shall:-
a) Check all goods delivered by DNK and sign the delivery note for the goods in the presence of the delivery driver;
b) Mark any discrepancies between goods ordered and goods delivered on the consignment note prior to signing; and
c) Refuse any goods found to be damaged and mark the consignment note accordingly.
(vii) Any claims over missing goods or discrepancies between the goods listed on the delivery note and the goods delivered to the customer must be submitted to DNK with the full particulars of the order, the delivery note and any other relevant information in writing within two working days of the delivery, failing which DNK cannot accept liability. The submission of a claim within this time limit does not necessarily mean that DNK will accept liability in relation to such claim. A consignment note signed 'unexamined' is not sufficient to uphold a claim,
(vii) Occasionally the letterbox may move out of line, if this happens there are two screws under the flap that can be loosened to straighten the letterbox and then re-tighten, this is not a fault and no claim will be upheld
(ix) DNK shall not be liable for any loss resulting from the customer's failure to comply with the requirements of the British Railway's Board, Road Carriers or the Post Office regulations.
(x) If the customer does not receive the goods within 14 days of the date of invoice, customer is required to notify DNK immediately thereafter; otherwise no liability can be accepted.
(xi) Deliveries will be made via Royal Mail and Couriers
(xii) Products will be dispatched within 1 working day of order placed and delivery within 2 working day thereafter, Door Panels will be dispatched within 4 working days and delivery within 2 working days
a) Refuse to accept an order
b) Cancel an order
c) Suspend deliveries against an order whether or not an account is in arrears
d) Refuse cancellation of an order
e) Cancel unexecuted installments of an order
(ii) No variation of an order will be recognised unless otherwise agreed by DNK in writing.
(ii) All orders must be confirmed in writing by the customers and signed by an authorised signatory.
(iii) DNK retains the right to levy a handling charge where a customer cancels an order.
(iv) Where an order involves bespoke work specific to a customer, including own brand printing, the customer cannot cancel the order and if he does, DNK reserves the right to invoice the order in full, whether it has been delivered or not.
(v) Order maybe sent out in different packages as they may come from different suppliers. Panels may not all ways have letterbox cut out and fitted, but if paid for will be supplied.
(ii) Goods returned for credit must be accompanied by a delivery note quoting the number of DNK's invoice against which the goods were originally supplied and the reason for return.
(iii) DNK reserves the right to refuse any returns or refuse any credit for non-faulty returned goods, should those goods in anyway be unfit for resale. Unfit for resale being entirely at the discretion of DNK.
(iv) DNK reserves the right to invoice a restocking charge for any non-faulty returned goods.
(v) Goods returned and found to be faulty will be replaced or credited at the customer's discretion and the costs of returning these items will be refunded by DNK.
(vi) No liability can be accepted for loss or damage to goods returned by the customer.
(vii) If there is a discrepancy between goods advised as returned and the actual goods received, DNK will only credit the goods actually received.
(viii) Additional return policy details: We accept returns providing we are notified within 14 days. If items are ordered incorrectly we can not refund p+p and items returned at your own cost. If incorrect item is sent we will refund p+p. Any damaged items must be reported within 24 Hours. If item is delivered damaged we will refund p+p. All returns must be made within 14 days of our reply to your notification. Items must be returned in original packaging in an unused state. Door Panels and other Special orders are Non Refundable.
(ix) Faulty Door Panel Returns, Door Panels have to be returned within a 4 week period from the replacement being delivered, Failing this a full payment charge will be invoiced, Subject to Manufactures discretion, Occasionally the letterbox may move out of line, if this happens there are two screws under the flap that can be loosened to straighten the letterbox and then re-tighten, this is not a fault and no claim will be upheld
(x) Palram Canopies and Carports:If a customer wishes to return a product you must notify us as soon as possible. Please email all details of the customer, order number, telephone contact, product and reason for return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we have been notified, we would contact the customer direct to organise the collection.
There will be a charge of 50 GBP (+ VAT) for all orders over £100 and 20 GBP (+ VAT) for orders under £100. This charge would cover administration, shipment, handling and re-packing costs.
(xi) Delivery charges for returns and exchanges
Please note, unless your item is faulty, you will be liable for any delivery costs associated with your return/exchange. These costs will vary, but typically, the cost of a courier collecting goods from your door to return to us will cost £10-£20 for most items, but may be significantly more for very heavy,
bulky items like Composite Doors. Where orders incur a delivery charge, we only will refund you the cost of a standard delivery
service for that item. We cannot refund any additional charges that you opt to pay to get a premium delivery service at the point of ordering e.g. Saturday delivery.
(xii) Any discrepancies with orders received will reserve the right to be given 24 hours for a solution to rectify the issue, Discrepencies with orders are not grounds for returns or refunds.
(xiii) Refunds regarding special orders, If no special parts ordered, work or manufacturing has started on your order you may cancel and receive a refund in full, If parts have been ordered or works/manufacturing started on an order and you want to cancel, a deduction will be made for the items/works completed.
(xiv) Our normal return policy does not apply to any “Special Order” purchases. “Special Order” purchases are not returnable for refund or for credit of any kind. For more information on these please see our Special Order Section 11 below
6. GUARANTEES - Products are supplied with Manufacturing Guarantees and installations within UK mainland only(i) All White UPVC Panels produced are protected by a 10 year Manufacturing Guarantee against Discoloration, All Grained Panels produced are protected by a 5 year Guarantee against Discoloration backed by one of the Worlds Largest PVCu Extruding Companies. Units in the panels have a 4 year Guarantee against condensation inbetween the panes or delamination of Bevel or Resin, To comply with this, once the Panel has been fitted it is advised to seal around the aperture of the glass where it meets the UPVC skin to prevent any water ingress and also along the top and sides of the letterbox edge. Faulty Door Panel Returns have to be returned within a 4 week period from the replacement being delivered, Failing this a full payment charge will be invoiced, Subject to Manufactures discretion. All guarantees do not extend to the use of our products on commercial buildings nor to goods which are taken or installed outside of the UK Mainland.
(ii) All products must be examined before fitting, once fitted if there is a manufacturing problem having fitted it will invalidate the warranty,
Any alteration to the existing manufacturing of the product will invalidate the warranty, i'e Films on glass units, Films or wraps, Painting or spraying products.
Any product used for a use that it is not intended for will invalidate the warranty.
(iii) Condensation within Glazed Unit- Panels are required to be left for a period of 2 weeks after installation from the point of first appearance to allow the desiccant to work fully, To help elevate this please see the Products section below, Item (7a)
(iv) Mechanical items such as Locks hinges, Handles etc come with 1 year Guarantee,
(v) Some products may be chargeable, once the products have been returned (within a 4 week time period) and checked If there is found to be a fault the charge will be credited
(vi) Please see our Care instruction page for further details Click Here
(vii) No claims for consequential costs including refitting will apply, Guarantees do not cover any installation or reinstallation costs.
(viii) If remakes or replacements are required, only the product at fault will be sent, no additional furniture, locks or ancillaries will be included, The replacement product will have any required cut outs done
- Future UPVC Windows, Doors and Solid Core Composite Doors Guarantee
- Hurst GRP Composite Doors Guarantee
- Glazerite UPVC Windows & Doors Guarantee
- P&P Trade Windows & Doors Guarantee
6.2 The above guarantee for Composite Doors is subject to the following conditions and exceptions:
- 6.2.1. All composite door slabs experience thermal movement. The door slab will recover to its original state, to a maximum of 1mm side to side and 3mm top to bottom, when the installation recommendations are applied. These guidelines for protecting the door against thermal distortion are provided in the Company’s Composite Door Technical Specification manual (available upon request or can be downloaded from Hurst Live). Should the recommendations not be observed the warranty on the door slab will be affected.
- 6.2.2. Although informative installation instructions are provided, the Company expects fitters to have sufficient knowledge in door fitting to be able to competently fit a door correctly. Fitting includes plumb, square and accurate fixing and general adjustment. A poorly fitted door can invalidate the warranty.
- 6.2.3. Occasionally, due to the nature of the product, minor imperfections and flaws may be evident. The Company deem minor chips, inclusions and minor scratches (up to 10mm long) to be acceptable. Where this is found to be the case, at the Company’s discretion, the Company will provide touch up paint in order to make good. A warranty claim will not be accepted, and the Company will not replace Goods for such minor defects.
- 6.3.1. Due to the nature of the materials used and the method of manufacture, the Company recommend that you allow for tolerance of +/- 2mm to either cut size or thickness of every PVC-U panel.
- 6.3.2. All panels particularly, but not exclusively, foiled panels are subject to thermal movement and may have a degree of bow (up to 10mm) however usually recover when fitted. Such bows are deemed to be acceptable. We also recommend that panels are stored horizontally not vertically so as to limit the probability of bowing.
- 6.3.3. Woodgrain and coloured frames should have not more than 150mm reinforcing centres (with the first reinforcing centre to be not more than 50mm from the weld) so as to diminish the chance of twist, warp or movement of the installation. Failure to this may affect a subsequent claim for alleged panel failure.
6.4 ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS - The warranties (Guarantee) set out in this document are given by the Company subject to the following conditions.
The warranty (Guarantee) does not apply to:
- 6.4.1 Failure caused by negligence, vandalism, wilful damage, extreme environmental conditions or excessive wear and tear;
- 6.4.2 Goods being incorrectly fitted;
- 6.4.3 Goods being in any way altered or modified; i'e Films on glass units, Films or wraps, Painting or spraying products
- 6.4.4 Goods which have not been maintained in accordance with the Company’s recommendations for cleaning and maintenance;
(ii) Any item that is in the picture but not in the product description is not for sale, Only the product described is for sale
(iii) RAL Colours should be used for Premium colours, Where a RAL Colour is not specified then the standard shade of that colour will be used.
(iv) The same RAL colour may look a different shade on different materials and textures, We can't guarantee an exact match as RAL does not prescribe any colour tolerances as they are subject to different trade-specific requirements. RAL Explained - Click Here
(v) RAL samples have been 'rolled' to give best example of how it will look on Pvc skin or profile, when it is vacuum-formed it stretches and may differ slightly.
(vi) Descriptions, Colours and Unique Features. Every effort is made to ensure that the products we supply correspond as closely as possible to the examples shown in this brochure. Due to the limitations of the photographic and printing processes, colour illustrations should
be used as a guide only. Due to a continuous development programme DNK Services Limited reserve the right to alter specifications without prior notice. All
specifications are correct at the time of going to print. E. & O. E.
(vii) Due to the nature of materials used and the method of manufacture of products, there is a tolerance of + or – 3.5mm on frames
(viii) Due to Lead work and other artwork done by hand this may differ from illustrations on the website and in brochures
7a. Panels(1) Panels may have different names on paperwork, still same design, Embossing may differ slightly due to different manufactures.
(2) All Panels are Embossed, (Stands out) unless noted in description, i'e, Inverted. All panels are vacuum formed to create designs.
(3) All Panels have a protective clear film to protect the panel during manufacturing process, this will need to be removed prior to fitted.
(4) Condensation within Glazed Unit- Panels are required to be left for a period of 2 weeks after installation from the point of first appearance to allow the desiccant to work fully.
(5) The Spacer bars used in the panels are Charcoal Grey
(6) Remove the protective clear or blue film prior to installation, once the Panel is fitted you should to run a small bead of silicone around the glazing aperture where it meets the glass, also check the Letterbox screws and sealant to be applied between Letterbox and UPVC Skin. This is in compliance with the Manufacturer Guarantees
(7) If panels are to be cut to size out of a larger panels, No offcuts will be sent with order.
(8) Due to the nature of materials used and the method of manufacture of panels, there is a tolerance of + or – 5mm to the cut size and + or - 1.5mm to the thickness of every infill panel. A 10mm allowance on the aperture opening should be allowed.
(9) Holes in panels, i.e for Cat or dog flaps are done manually with a jig saw, there is a tolerance of + or – 2mm to the cut size
(10) Uncut panels, Panels that are maximum sizes will not be trimmed down at the edges, These maybe oversized by 10mm-15mm
(11) Due to Lead work and other artwork done by hand this may differ from illustrations on the website and in brochures
(12) Occasionally the letterbox may move out of line, if this happens there are two screws under the flap that can be loosened to straighten the letterbox and then re-tighten, this is not a fault and no claim will be upheld
7b. Composite Doors(1) Composite Door Descriptions, Colours and Unique Features. Every effort is made to ensure that the products we supply correspond as closely as possible to the examples shown in this brochure. Due to the limitations of the photographic and printing processes, colour illustrations should be used as a guide only. DNK Services Limited provide a standard white door slab and cannot guarantee that the door slab will match any frame used. Due to a continuous development programme DNK Services Limited reserve the right to alter specifications without prior notice.
All specifications are correct at the time of going to print. Door slabs, Flores, Kara and Marmara glass images are supplied courtesy of Distinction Doors Limited. E. & O. E. *PVC Foiled Rosewood frame is not an exact colour match to the GRP Rosewood door slab.
(2) Composite doors are all White internal unless otherwise stated.
(3) The Spacer bars used in the composite door are Charcoal Grey
(4) Once a composite door is fitted you should to run a small bead of silicone around the glazing aperture of the cassettes, also check the Letterbox screws and sealant to be applied between Letterbox and Door Skin if moved, This is in compliance with the Manufacturer Guarantees
(5) Composite doors are Factory 'Bench' made. any over-weld on corners can be snipped off or knife off carefully, Once the door has been fitted you may need to adjust locks and hinges to make sure the door is working smoothly,
(6) If no RAL colours are given the Composite doors will be made in the Standard Colours - Composite Door Colours - Click Here
A “Special Order” purchase is defined as a purchase that is made to your specification and design, These include all Panels, Doors (Composite, UPVC, Bi-Fold and Patio) and Evolution Canopies, These are classed as Special orders as these are cut out of larger boards and or made to your Specification, Size and Thickness
White panels are cut out of 3 metre x 1.5 metre boards, Grain and Grain on White panels are cut out of 900mm x 2100mm boards
Our normal return policy does not apply to “Special Order” purchases.
If you make a ”Special Order” purchase with us, you will be clearly notified that you are making a “Special Order” purchase via email or T&C's
The following terms apply to “Special Order” purchase made with DNK Services Ltd
- Our normal returns policy does not apply to any “Special Order” purchases. “Special Order” purchases are not returnable for refund or for credit of any kind.
- When you receive your “Special Order” items, you must immediately and carefully inspect the shipment for correctness, completeness and for any possible delivery damage. Any problems must be reported to us within 24 hours after receipt of your shipment. If problems are not reported to us within 24 hours after receipt of your shipment, we will not be responsible for correcting any problems.
- If you receive your “Special Order” items from us and you are re-shipping the package or packages to a second location, you must open the package or packages and make a thorough inspection. We will not be responsible for correcting errors (or delivery costs) to an address other than the original delivery address. The 24 hour time limit for reporting errors applies only to the original shipping location.
All glass supplied in the door panels must be either 4mm toughened or 6mm nontoughened.
The glass market does not offer a small number of our glass patterns in either due to the size and popularity. By Selecting any of the panels below, Selcting none conforming glass and accepting the Terms and conditions means you are aware that none conforming glass will be used.
The panels affected are:
Wilson / Windsor 2 (Top small units)
Wilson / Windsor Side (Top small unit)
Carter / Sandringham Side
Available glass options for the above are as follows if you wish to change to a Toughen alternative:Clear
Sandblast – Surcharge applicable
Satin – Surcharge applicable
Last updated 16th March 2021